In celebration of the NPS centennial, Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego is hosting special events all summer, in partnership with the Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (CNMF) and Cabrillo National Monument Conservancy (CNMC). Many of these events are after-hours and extremely special, since the park normally closes at 5pm. Visitors have a chance to experience sunset from the park, one of the best vantage points of San Diego (in my opinion).
- Extended hours on Memorial Day, Monday May 30th. 12pm-8pm. Check out the Open Bunker Day and a special Ranger guided sunset walk!
- Sunset Yoga in the Park, sponsored by the Cabrillo National Monument Conservancy. Join Cabrillo’s resident yoga instructor for an all-levels sunset yoga classes overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
- Celebrate the 4th of July at Above the Fireworks at Cabrillo National Monument 2016.
- Cost is $50 per vehicle (with up to 10 occupants). Tickets are limited so get yours today!
- What to bring: Low-profile chairs, Flashlights, Sweatshirt or Blanket
- Check-in 6pm – 8pm, no late check-ins will be admitted
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Picnics are encouraged, but alcohol is not allowed. Cabrillo National Monument policy is a smoke-free and trash-free park (whatever you pack in, you pack out) and no dogs are allowed.
- Full Moon walks, available free to members and guests of Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (June 20) and Cabrillo National Monument Conservancy (August 18, September 16, November 14). There are perks to joining the organizations – first and foremost, helping support San Diego’s only National Park!
- Fee free days – August 25-28, in celebration of NPS 100th birthday!
- August 25th is also Lighthouse open tower day – the 2nd of the 3 days per year where guests can explore the Old Point Loma Lighthouse all the way to the top!
Hope to see you at an event!